Head of the "Electric and autonomous vehicles" Master Program and Associate Professor in Robotics
Overview of research area
Dynamical system control, robust control, optimal control, motion planning, autonomous vehicles, aerial robots control, driving simulator.
Salim Hima is an associate professor in the Energy and systems department at ESME engineering school, Paris. He received a BS and a M.Sc in control system from the university of Ferhat-Abbas, Sétif, Algeria in 1997 and 1998 respectively, M.Sc in robotics from the university Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris 6, in 2000 and PhD in robotics from the university of Evry Val d’Essonne in 2005.
From 2006-2008 he was a postdoc fellow at IBISC Laboratory of the university of Evry Val d’Essonne where he was working on two projects SIMACOM and VIGISIM funded by French national research agency and related to ground transportation security.
From 2009-2011 he was a postdoc fellow at LIVIC-IFSTTAR laboratory involved in HaveIt European project for the development of highly automated vehicles for intelligent transport.
His research interests include dynamical system analysis and control, robust control, optimal control, observers, motion planning, autonomous ground vehicles, autonomous aerial vehicles.
- F. Ben Abdellah, S Hima, N. Azouz, L. Beji, and A. Abichou, Modeling and stabilization of airship-mounted crane : Design, Analysis and simulation, 15th IFAC Symposium on Control in Transportation Systems, Savona, Italy, June 2018.
- F. Ben Abdellah, N. Azouz, L. Beji, S Hima, and A. Abichou, Modeling and control of an aerial robocrane using wire driven system, American Control Conference, Milwaukee, WI, USA, June 2018.
- H. Arioui, S. Hima, L. Nehaoua, R. J. V. Bertin, and S. Espié, From design to experiments of a 2 dof vehicle driving simulator, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 60, No. 2, pp. 357-368, 2011.
- S. Hima, B. Lusetti, B. Vanholm, S. Glaser, and S. Mammar, Trajectory tracking for highly automated passenger vehicules, 18th IFAC World Congress, (IFAC-PapersOnline), Volume 44, issue 1, pp. 12958–12963, 2011.
- S. Hima, S. Glaser, A. Chaïbet, and B. Vanholme, Controller design for trajectory tracking passenger vehicle, 14th International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems ITSC 2011, 6083126, Washington DC, USA, October 2011.
- H. Arioui, L. Nehaoua, S. Hima, N. Séguy, and S. Espié,Mechatronics, design and modeling of a motorcycle riding simulator, IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 805-818, 2010.
- H. Arioui, S. Hima, and L. Nehaoua, Modeling and identification of 2 DOF low cost for driving simulator : Experimental results, 18th IEEE International Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN), pp. 1167–1172, 5326344, Toyama, Japan, October 2009.
- H. Arioui, S. Hima, and L. Nehaoua, 2 DOF Low cost platform for driving simulator : Modeling and control, IEEE/ASME International conference on Advenced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM), pp. 1206-1211, 5229751, Singapore, July 2009.
- S. Hima, N. Lamri, H. Arrioui, and N. Séguy, Suitable Two Wheeled Vehicle Dynamics Synthesis for Interactive Motorcycle Simulator, 17th IFAC World Congress, Seoul, Korea, July 2008.
- N. Lamri, S. Hima, H. Arrioui, and N. Séguy, A New Motorcycle Simulator Platform : Mechatronics Design, Dynamics Modeling and Control, 17th IFAC World Congress, Seoul, Korea, July 2008.
- S. Hima, Two Wheeled Vehicle Dynamics Synthesis for Real-Time Applications, 1st Mediterranean Conference on Intelligent Systems and Automation (CISA 2008), Anaba, Algeria, June 2008.
- S. Hima, N. Lamri, N. Séguy, and H. Arrioui, Motorcycle Dynamic Synthesis for Two Wheeled Driving Simulator, IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Conference (ITSC), Seattle, WA, USA, October 2007.
- L. Nehaoua, Lamri, S. Hima, H. Arrioui, N. Séguy, and S. Espié, Design of a New Motorcycle Riding Simulator, American Control Conference, New-York City, USA, July 2007.
- L. Nehaoua, S. Hima, H. Arrioui, N. Séguy, and S. Espié, Control of a New Motorcycle Riding Simulator : Open-Loop Tests, European Control Conference (ECC'07), Kos, Greece, July 2007.
- Y. Bestaoui and S. Hima, Modelling and trajectory generation of lighter than air aerial robots, 6th International Workshop on RObot MOtion and COntrol (ROMOCO’07), Bukowy Dworek, Poland, June 2007.
- Y. Bestaoui, D. Boukraa, S. Hima, and R. Slim, UAV Initiative in University of EVRY, AAAF Vers des Ingénieries & des Technologies Communes aux Transports terrestres, maritimes, aériens et spatiaux, 2006.
- S. Hima and Y. Bestaoui, Trim trajectories characterisation for an unmanned autonomous airship, International Conference on Intelligent RObots and Systems (IROS’2006), Beijing, China, October 2006.
- S. Hima and Y. Bestaoui, Time-optimal Path Planning for Lateral Navigation of an Autonomous Airship, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) Guidance, Navigation and control Conference and Exhibit, Austin, Texas, USA, August 2003.
- Y. Bestaoui, S. Hima, and C. Sentouh, Motion Planning of a Fully Actuated Unmanned Air Vehicle, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) Guidance, Navigation and control Conference and Exhibit, Austin, Texas, USA, August 2003.
- Y. Bestaoui and S. Hima, Some insights in Path Planning of Small Autonomous Airships, Archives of Control Sciences, Polish Academy of Sciences, Vol. 11, pp. 139-166, 2002.
- S. Hima and Y. Bestaoui, Motion generation on trim trajectories for an Autonomous Underactuated Airship, 4th International Airship Conference, Cambridge, England, July 2002.
- Y. Bestaoui and S. Hima, Trajectory Tracking of Dirigible in a High Constant Altitude Flight, 5th IFAC Symposium on Nonlinear Control Systems, St. Petersburg, Russia, July 2001.
- Y. Bestaoui and S. Hima, Caracterisation of Some Generalized Helices for Blimps Path Generation, EUROMECH, Paris, France, April 2001.