Associate Professor in Electronics
Overview of research area
Analog and digital electronics, Superconducting and semiconductor detectors, Design and manufacture of electrical circuits and sensors, Clean room environment, Cryogenic systems.
Samir Beldi received the Engineering Diploma in electronics and Telecom from the UMMTO University, Tizi-Ouzou, Algeria, in 2008 and the M.Sc. degree in Embeded Electronics and Communications Systems from the University of Paris Nanterre la Défense, France, in 2016 and the Ph.D. degree in astrophysics and space instrumentation from the PSL University at Paris Observatory, France, in 2019.
Subsequently, he joined the CNRS and held the position of head of the « detector » work package within the framework of the SPIAKID project (Funded by the ERC).
Since September 2020, he is associate professor in electronics at ESME. His current research interests are the design and development of superconducting detector devices for astronomy, in the future these detectors could also be used in other fields.
- · P. Nicaise, J. Hu. J.-M. Martin, S. Beldi, C. Chaumont, P. Bonifacio, M. Piat, H. Geoffray, and F. Boussaha, Investigation of Optical Coupling in Microwave Kinetic Inductance Detectors Using Superconducting Reflective Plates, Journal of Low Temperature Physics, 2022.
- J. Hu, F. Boussaha, J.-M. Martin, P. Nicaise, C. Chaumont, S. Beldi, M. Piat, and P. Bonifacio, Large inverse transient phase response of titanium-nitride-based microwave kinetic inductance detectors, Applied Physics Letters 119, 212601, 2021.
- F. Boussaha, S. Beldi, A. Monfardini, J. Hu, M. Calvo, C. Chaumont, F. Levy-Bertrand, T. Vacelet, A. Traini, J. Firminy, M. Piat, and F. Reix, Development of TiN Vacuum-Gap Capacitor Lumped Element Kinetic Inductance Detectors, Journal Low Temperature Physics, Vol. 199, pp. 994-1003, 2019.
- S. Beldi, F. Boussaha, J. Hu, A. Monfardini, A. Traini, F. Levy-Bertrand, C. Chaumont, M. Gonzales, J. Firminy, F. Reix, M. Rosticher, S. Mignot, M. Piat, and P. Bonifacio, High Q-factor near in-frared and visible Al2O3-based parallel-plate capacitor kinetic inductance detectors, Optics Express, Vol. 27, Issue 9, pp. 13319-13328, 2019.
- S.Beldi, F. Boussaha et al., Developement of near infrared and visible Kinetic Inductance Detectors for astronomy, 18th International Workshop on Low Temperature Detectors, Milano, Italy, July 2019.
- A. Traini, A. Tartari, G. Bordier, F. Boussaha, C. Chaumont, S. Beldi, F. Reix, and M. Piat, Dual-Color Antenna-Coupled LE-KID for Next-Generation Multi-chroic CMB Focal Planes, Journal of Low Temperature Physics, Vol. 193, pp. 170–175, 2018.
- S. Beldi, F. Boussaha, C. Chaumont, S. Mignot, F. Reix, A. Tartari, T. Vacelet, A. Traini, M. Piat, and P. Bonifacio, Design of Near Infrared and Visible Kinetic Inductance Detectors Using MIM Capacitors, Journal Low Temperature Physics, Vol. 193, pp. 184-188, 2018.
- S.Beldi, F. Boussaha et al., Near infrared and visible TiN-Based parallel-plate capacitor Kinetic Inductance Detectors, 13th European Conference on Applied Superconductivity, Geneva, Switzerland, September 2017.
- S.Beldi, F. Boussaha et al., Design of Near Infrared and Visible Kinetic Inductance Detectors Using MIM Capacitors, 17th International Workshop on Low Temperature Detectors, Kurume, Japan, July 2017.